For me, I'm not too sure really, I read online that children develop the fetish as early as infancy from being around long hair such as that of their mother. My mom did have long hair so maybe that was my first encounter with it. My earliest memory of an encounter, well it probably was when I was in school. I had a few classmates with long hair. One in particular, she had hair down to her butt. It was just straight, dark brown hair, nothing special, but it's the longest I'd ever seen. She had a lot of it as well, it would repeatedly fall across her face and that really stuck out to me. Never could approach her, it seemed too weird to me at the time. Thanks to her it's why I like HOF content so much, what a curse and a blessing! As a child I had access to satellite, there were many female performers, singers etc on different channels that had gorgeous hair and I would try and tune into whatever show that I caught sight of someone I liked. I can't remember anyone who really stood out. When I was in highschool I had already dated a couple girls, but not for their hair, just wanted to try it out. After I was single again I encountered a girl who had long blonde hair past her butt, and she always wore it down. I was older so I thought it would be fine to go up and talk to her, but I was still so shy. So instead, I wrote her a note. More like an essay. I can't even remember what I scribbled on there, but I made sure to point out that her hair was beautiful. I tried to find her when she was alone so I could hand it to her so it would be less awkward, but she never was. Always around her friends. Makes sense, she was probably somewhat scared of entering high school. So I finally found a right time and approached her with the note, sealed in an envelope, and after some awkward small talk I gave it to her. Her friends actually stood back and didn't shoo me away, thank God. After that, I scuttled off, hoping it wasn't too bad for her. The next day she found me. She was with her friend, but she did thank me for the note and called me a great writer. I thanked her and she went on her way. And that was the end of our encounters, I guess I didn't want to press her any further. Maybe she wasn't interested in me. Do I regret not pursuing her? Maybe at the time I did, but if we jump to present day, I'm married to a gorgeous woman who grew her hair out just because I asked her to, and she ended up making it the focus on her beauty. It's black, ankle length and she really knows how to care for it. If anything it has drastically increased her confidence. She has amassed a following on social media, she's joined a long hair competition and she literally gets compliments everyday, wherever we go. And I truly think it's God answering my prayers, because I went so long without something I desperately wanted, but it was still given to me in a way I never expected. I had never had a physical encounter with a girl's hair before this, and now I can just choose when I want to touch it. It's very surreal. Anyway, I guess it's a good time to stop the storytelling. Never give up on your dreams!